Marine Court

Marine Court, St.Leonards-on-Sea. Designed by architects Kenneth Dalgleish and Roger Pullen, the Marine Court building was completed in 1938. It is notable in being one of the few buildings in the world to have had its design, both internally and externally, based on an ocean going liner, the Queen Mary. The epitome of stylish, elegant living in its day, Marine Court boasted its own large ballroom, restaurants and integral shops, one of which, No.5, is now home to the Burton Gallery.